Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Linda704

what is a good introduction for an essay with the title of " Journey to Success"?

I am writing an essay on myself. I want to tell everyone:
    1. who I am(my name, my learning style,etc)
    2. Where I am at now(student, mother,etc)
    3. My goals(owning my own house, retire early, have a career, etc)
    4. Obstacles I will face(financial and personal problems)
    5. When I will get there( date I will accomplish my goals)

Does this title sound good for this kind of essay? If not, advice on any other titles that will go with this essay.

How can I start my introduction for this essay?
    I am not that good at writting and I really need some advice! I need to turn this essay in 2 days so please help!!!

danmarie_24
    a quotation for intoduction will work, i think. something which are related to it...

don't tell your name in an essay. just write like you are talking to readers... your styles either... instead, go direct to the point. journey to success is an specific topic... you can tell a part of your life maybe a past, a present or a future. you can tell a story of your journey to success. you can start with a dream..what a dream is, why do people dream.then, start to cut the imagination of your reader's by putting the topic about dreams into how are you going to reach those dreams/goals... what are the consequences of facing a journey like that then put at the end a pledge to yourself.... that may help you... don't focus on yourself... focus the topic generally. telling your life in an essay will not make it an essay, rather, it will become an autobiography...
    an essay doesn't need to be too long...an essay is not also a biography wher you are going to tell all about yourself...
    okay, that's how your paragraph will do in sequence...just follow it..goodluck!

shortstop42000
    If the order of the essay doesn't matter, I recommend stating your goals first. Once you know exactly what you want, the rest will be easy. If you know where you want to be, you will be able to easily identify the steps needed to get there and why you are not there already.

The goals and the dates should come first, everything else comes second.

If you need more help on the subject, read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.