Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member ttDaT_tAYloR_mAdE_GurLtt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

speech on procrastination?

im writing a persuasive speech on procrastination.. Im trying to think of a good introduction but nothing really comes to mind.i thought of the "ummmm miss, im really sorry but i havent managed to finish in time"....blah blahany other ideas would be greatly appreciated!and yes...i am procrastinating right now =]

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to help you, but I just can't bring myself to do it rightnow.

Junior Member tt~IcePrincess~tt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

go to the speech and say 'sorry I havent gotten around to writing the speech yet.' you will pass incredibly

Downloads
    Uploads

bring in a big picture of a bum. ask the crowd if they want to look like this, keep procrastinating.finito.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to have written this speech, but I didn;t have time...I had to do this and this and this and this...oh wait Ive got it! And then start rambling into your speech (as if you are writing it as you say it to the class).

Downloads
    Uploads

Be like "Umm.... I didn't write a speech, sorry. (walk off for a sec and then walk back on and be like) Okay, I'll make one up on the spot now, here goes: Picture this: you walk into school today. You aren't wearing pants. You aren't wearing a shirt. And you aren't wearing shoes. And, WORST OF ALL (in a scared tone and then gasp), when you walk into your first period math class, you have to hide in the corner so you don't get screamed at for not having your homework done (then calm down and take a good 2 second pause)! Thank you procrastination, for your lovely work. Don't you dare try "my dog at my homework" or "my printer wasn't working". C'mon we all know the truth: you gave in to the powerful force. The underlying power that will make or break your day tomorrow: PROCRASTINATION. So, the truth guys, we all have done it, we all do it, but point here, (put your point here i'm assuming it's that you shouldnt' procrastinate) procrastination is bad.That's what I would do. something liek that. I wrote a speech on germs a few years ago and I got 2nd place out of 110 kids. For speeches like this, you have to be calm when you're presenting it. You HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to make it funny or else no one will like it as much. BUT remmeber you point that your trying to prove. this is a persuasive speech, remember that. It's hard to keep on track when you're worrying about how to write it. Also, don't use too many big words, but use a few. Not huge, just so you show them you know what you are talking about. I read a few speeches online before i started writing. That also helped. Well, hope this helped you out one more thing, you ahve to be "out-there" for stuff like this. You'll see, when people start presenting the ones who aren't afraid to look kind of silly are the better ones. Not silly, sorry bad word more like unafraid of doing the ordinary tone, speech, etc. again, hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

I was about to suggest the same thing.Go up there and be like:" Today I'm going to discuss the power of procrastination" Shuffle your papers a bit then say:"To be completely honest, I haven't had the time to finish up this speech" then make like you're going to walk away then look at everyone and say:"does that sound familiar to any of you?"