Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ifeelreallyfuctup

How do i ask my boyfriend to meet my parents?

i've been dating this guy for a little over a year. i'm 19 and he's 25. My parents know about the relationship, but they have never met him. Unlike my previous boyfriends from hi school he's never had to come to my house and pick me up and he does not live in my neighborhood since i'm at university now. my parents are giving me so much pressure to introduce them. i totally understand where they are coming from. i mean don't get me wrong, i would want to know who my daughter was trusting and spending the majority of her time with. I just get so nervous thinking about them meeting and i'm scared that i will freak out my boyfriend by asking him. everyone keeps telling me that i shoud just ask because if he cares about me he'll do it..but i just have never been in this situation and i don't know if he's ready..? ugh. and he has never introduced me to his parents so i just don't know what to do. if anyone has been in this situation or if any dudes have some insight that'd be SO great. thanx

PoohPooh Bear
    Easy. Tell him straight your parents wanted to meet him. If he loves you sure enough will have the courage to meet them. But of cos he will feel a bit scare. You have to ensure you will be with him during the visit. Buy some gifts for your parents and wear a nice suit before meeting them.

Good luck! Relax is only parents meeting session.

Unregistered
    Hey im kind of in the same situation but i met his mother and it went great then i met his father and their both pretty nice. just give a good smile say "mom dad this is my boyfriend (enter name)" i did that meeting his parents.
    P.S. he met my dad the same day i met his mom but my dad wasnt in a very great mood so make sure their in a good mood so they dont ask mean and tough questions or IGNORE HIM THE ENTIRE TIME HE TRIES TO TALK TO YOUR FATHER (thats what mine did)

Unregistered

Helpful hints

Hey im kind of in the same situation but i met his mother and it went great then i met his father and their both pretty nice. just give a good smile say "mom dad this is my boyfriend (enter name)" i did that meeting his parents.

P.S. he met my dad the same day i met his mom but my dad wasnt in a very great mood so make sure their in a good mood so they dont ask mean and tough questions or IGNORE HIM THE ENTIRE TIME HE TRIES TO TALK TO YOUR FATHER (thats what mine did)

Unregistered
    Heres another hint make sure you dont show your really nervous when you ask him i still have to get my boyfriend to meet both my parents without them not wanting to get out of the car or off the couch.