Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member tYourSweetestDownFallt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rival Fire Friday: Why do Christian Creationists lie about what biologists mean by....?

Evolution: The change in allele frequencies in a population over time.Macroevolution: The pattern of evolution at and above the species level, including most of fossil history and much of systematics.*Microevolution: The process of evolution within populations, including adaptive and neutral evolution.**Evolution: An introduction, Stephen C. Sterns and Rolf F. Hoekstra, 2000; Oxford University Press.*Includes all observed acts of speciation.**includes all creations of breeds and new phenotypes of a species.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rival Fire Friday: Why do Christian Creationists lie about what biologists mean by....?

Because it furthers their aims...that and hysteria...

Downloads
    Uploads

I've found that Christian creationists lie about a lot more than that, and they'll lie about anything to "prove" their religious creation myth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Prove it, the lies that is............

Downloads
    Uploads

The same reason that butchering non-believers is not a sin.

Downloads
    Uploads

That was 2000.The definitions have been since changed twice since then.Did Darwin ever once use the words "allele" or "phenotypes"?You guys keep moving the goalposts so that it appears they now embrace the theory.... who is it that's lying here?Here are some more current variations on the above definitions:Evolution: Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species. The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny.http://www.answers.com/evolution?cat=technologyMacroevolution: Large-scale evolution occurring over geologic time that results in the formation of new taxonomic groups.http://www.answers.com/macroevolution?cat=technologyMicroevolution: Evolution resulting from a succession of relatively small genetic variations that often cause the formation of new subspecies.http://www.answers.com/topic/microevolution?cat=technologyThere are many variations if you want to look tham all up.

Downloads
    Uploads

When my five year old say I'm sick because I didn't eat enough ice cream, it's not a lie, just her level of cognitive development. It's not necessarily that all of these people are lying, most are just mentally deficient.

Downloads
    Uploads

Who's lying about these things, I agree these are all accurate definitions. I just have seen no evidence to support the existence of Macro-evolution on the scale that could create the variety of species on this planet all from the same original source of life.Certainly not without inteligent intervention of some kind ( through compeltely random mutation).

Downloads
    Uploads

I suppose some cdesign proponentists think that lying will help their cause. They realize that the people who discover the lies wouldn't have believed in intelligent design anyway, but lying works to get some gullible people to believe in intelligent design.I also think that some people have been fed the lies and simply regurgitate them without checking their validity.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lies are all they have, really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast