Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i need help with writing a introduction? Please?

i dont really get how to write an indroduction to my thesis. ive been trying for almost two hours can some one help me or give me tips!!here is my thesis Elie Wiesel's Night challenges the reader to reassess the value of their own life, question his or her own faith in their relationships, and with their God.

Downloads
    Uploads

War on Scientology... Protest 12 of April?Are you going to one of the protest,s Against the church of Scientology on the 12 of April

Downloads
    Uploads

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhexX8_0Gyd0Xe9oCIh_V27sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20080402114940AAL9k8Dplz help meee

Downloads
    Uploads

Taking stock of oneself

Junior Member tYourSweetestDownFallt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your thesis is really good but now you have to add more detail about what you will be writing about. A tip is to write the body of the essay and go back to the intro because then you will know what your essay talks about. After you write you body, summarize what you wrote in your intro

Downloads
    Uploads

I will demonstrate how Elie Wiesel's "Night," challenges the reader to reassess the value of their own life, question his or her own faith in their relationships, and with their God.In the following paragraphs I will illustrate this point bymake a list or a brief summary of what your following paragrahps will contain)

Junior Member #tINSTANT♬KARMAt#'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

In a paper/essay, It should normally have 5-paragraphs. normally, each paragragh should contain 5+ complete sentences. First your introduction/thesis, this should include your main topic and main ideas and why you think this. The second thrid and fourth paragraphs are body paragraphs and they should support your facts and what you think... maybe one fact per paragraph. Fifth,your conclusion summarizing everything and restating your thesis.So far i think you have a pretty solid intro.when writing always try to use pretty compelling vocabulary, vocab controlls the sentence. Right now, just add to it.=]

Downloads
    Uploads

A good introduction starts with a good hook. You want to draw the reader in and really capture their interest. Just the mention of that book reminds me of the time I visited Dachau concentration camp in Germany. It really made the Holocaust real for me and was one of the most profound experiences of my life. That's where I would start.You might consider starting with a quote from the book or from a former prisoner of a camp. Something that sets the stage. This will set the reader up for your thesis, since It is the logical progressionYou were probably told by your teacher to lead with your thesis, but it is usually ok to lead with something compelling. If you are getting stuck, move on to the next paragraph and just write whatever comes to mind. You can move stuff around, add to it, or take it away later, but you'll be surprised how much easier it gets when you just start writing anything.Good Luck, I hope this helps.