Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I put a topic sentence and a thesis sentence in my introduction paragraph?

I am really having troubles with this. Like what comes first? would I put my thesis sentence as like my introduction sentence and then my topic, or what?

this is my Topic sentence:
    Having an unbreakable commitment to creating millions of new jobs, and expanding opportunity for every American in any direction is what the Democratic Party has to offer.

Thesis:
    I dont really have one yet... teacher just said our essay had to be about why the Democratic Party is the best.

Please dont write dumb answers and say the Democratic Party sucks... this paper was assigned and im just struggling.

thank you~!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The sentence you chose as your topic sentence is really the thesis because you are clearly stating an opinion of the party in the sentence and it embodies your argument that the Democratic Party is the better political party. This should go last in your paragraph. The topic sentence should be something that does not show a bias or argument, but rather statements of fact which will (with the subsequent sentences) lead into your thesis statement.