Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I mingle with college kids that I dont know?

I am having such a hard time making friends in general. I dont have alot of friends and all my friends are too busy, live out of state, and my work schedule sucks, I dont drive or have the time to meet people but I figured if I was in the area alot and I see the same people around everyday, I would think I could mingle with them. So for the past few days, I been trying to socialize with college students on the bus because I ride the public bus every day and I see the same students getting on and off the bus and hanging with their own little crowd so I thought I would be friendly and I said: "Hey how are you guys doing? I am so and so...do you go to school around here?" and they will be very snobby and especially one of the girl's will say: "WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING TO ME?! I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!" And I said: "Because I am just being friendly. I like meeting people and making friends." and I smiled and she was so stuck up and said: "ARN'T YOU IN COLLEGE?!" And I told her: "Nope, I dont go to school around here. I work full-time." and she just got all freaked out and said: "WOW!!! YOU'RE A CREEP!" And after she said that, I started crying in tears because that really hurt my feelings!

Now that's why I cant meet people because I am not in college and I dont know anybody. So my question is, why can't I meet decent friends when I am not in college? Even if I dont go to college but want to hang around college students to fit in because I want to socialize and get involved, how can I do that? Its hard for me to make friends and I feel so depressed over it and lonely!!! I dont deserve this kind of treatment! All I get is ignored and no one talks to me or wants me to get involved in their group! Why can I just meet people and make friends in public for God Sakes?! Why can’t people talk to me on the bus when I am riding it everyday?! It’s not like I am a complete stranger, I am part of the community and want to meet people and have people like me or want to socialize with me like a normal human being! IT’S LIKE EVERYONE KNOWS EACH OTHER ALREADY LIKE: “HI!! OH MY GOOD TO SEE YOU! HOW’S YOUR CLASS?!” And they don’t like meeting new people and it makes me very jealous and lonely feeling left out! What should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that girl you talked to probably was not the best person to approach first.

But are you a lot older than them? Some people have a hard time seeing themselves hanging out with older people.

There's also other places to meet people! Do you go the gym? take walks? go for coffee?