Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Chatbox

Show the help window Full page mode
Empty the chat input field Refresh the chats
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a good introduction paragraph to my essay about "Cell phones should be banned in school?"?

“Put that cell phone away!” You hear that phrase mostly everyday in the classroom. Today, instructors have to ask students to put their cellular phones back into their bags and pay more attention to class. This begins to affect the learning environment in the classroom since it causes a lot of distractions. Students not only creating distraction from the cell phone, they also like to take pictures of random people with the built in camera. Some people do not like to have their pictures taken, but nevertheless students misuse these features and invades others privacy. Students that talk or text too much on their phone can cause themselves serious health damages. Therefore cell phones should be banned in school.Can you help me to make it better or give me some tips and advices? My main points are distraction, provacy, and health damages

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a good introduction paragraph to my essay about "Cell phones should be banned in school?"?

“Put that cell phone away!” You hear that phrase everyday in the classroom. Today, instructors have to tell students to put their cellular phones back into their bags and pay more attention to class and this affects the learning environment in the classroom since it causes a lot of distractions. Students not only create distraction with a cell phone, they also like to take pictures of strangers with the built-in camera. Some people do not like to have their pictures taken, but nevertheless students misuse these features and invade others' privacy. Students that talk or text too much on their phone can cause themselves serious health damages.The mention of someone taking a picture of a person who does not want a picture taken immediately makes this paragraph turn into a personal opinion. Even if it hasn't happened to you, it certainly sounds like it and certainly sounds like it was the reason that sparked you to write this.Distraction is a good point, privacy a little less so, but health damages I don't understand at all. What study has shown that texting or talking can hurt you? Unless you have more elaborate examples, better than the ones in your first paragraph, I suggest changing the whole idea of the essay to not just "cell phones should be banned" to "cell phones should be banned because they are a distraction, including kids texting in class (a new form of note passing), playing games (a new form of doodling and not paying attention), and of deliberately leaving the classroom (to "go to the bathroom") to talk on the phone with friend(s) and missing important classroom instruction time.

Downloads
    Uploads

this is an introduction?an introduction is suppose to be a short and concise paragraph introducing your thesis.your "introduction" sounds more like a body paragraph with a concluding sentence at the end.

Downloads
    Uploads

wow that pretty good like it maybe but in it can also disstract others from learning too by people sending them texts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

Antispam, complete the task: