I am trying to put together a Narration speech for my public speaking class. It is to be very short (between 2 and 5 minutes) and should either be a story, history, or case study. I have chosen a story about my second cousin who was in a car accident.

Does this Introduction include a thesis statement?

Imagine yourself driving down a county road when all of a sudden a car cuts you off and pulls out onto the road ahead of you. You have no time to react, let alone hit the brakes, so you swerve and drive your vehicle into the ditch. The last thing you realize before plummeting through the front windshield is that you aren't wearing your seatbelt. This exact process happened to my second cousin. [Jack]'s failure to wear his seatbelt resulted in traumatizing fashion. Not only does this story allow others to learn that seatbelt safety is crucial in all situations, but also that not wearing your seatbelt can be the deciding factor between life and, ultimately, death.

I'm wondering if my last sentence of my introduction is truly a theis/claim statement.

Thanks for helping.