Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    fiestysview

Aloha ALL REBELS this one is for you... What

provokes a teenager to want to be a "Rebel"? ("Rebel" as in rebellious.) Do you think the strongest influence comes from the "home" or "other sources"?,... And How can you get them back on a positive track?

Just call me Sage
    my parents straight up telling me not to do something instead of talking to me about WHY i shouldnt.

the_sinister_minister00
    Your parenting skills have everything to do with it.People who say that kids are bad because of TV, Music or Video Games are just in denial becuase they raised their kids so poorly.Parents have to include themselves in every facet of their childrens lives, whether the kid likes it or not. Don't try to be friends with your kids or try to be the "cool parent". If this is your kid we're talking about here, be strict with him. Encourage his or her talents, and let he or she apply them positively. Kid likes sports? Make him join the football team. He likes music? Get him into the band.

Princess
    By not wanting to conform to stringent rules society says we have to obide by when they make no sense. By wanting to do or say or believe something that society says you can't. By wanting to be different and make a statement all your own. By wanting to be an individual instead of part of the heard. By wanting to be a leader rather than a 'sheep'. Your own uniqueness as opposed to the mold they want you to fit into. That is what makes you a rebel.Is being a rebel bad? nope! Some of our greatest artists, musicians, thinkers and educators were rebels. They did what people said they couldn't. Rebelling isn't bad. Stand back and let them. They are finding themselves.