Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wireless Internet problem with "acquiring network address"?

My wireless internet won't connect to the internet, it stays at "acquiring network address"

I recently went and got my computer fixed (my University e-mail got hacked into and then my school disabled it) at my schools computer care center. While I was there, they also installed the wireless program for connecting to Wi-Fi around campus, and before I took my computer there, I had NO problems with connecting to my boyfriends home wireless internet at his house (his computer connects just fine, his roommate's computer connects fine but mine won't!).

Now, when I go over there and my computer tries to connect with the Wi-Fi, it won't go past the "acquiring network address" stage, and I took my computer back to the computer care place for them to undo what they did, and they claimed they did, but it still won't connect, so now I am hoping that someone here can help me fix this myself!

Thanks!
    It normally would connect very fast, I haven't tried letting it sit overnight, but I shouldn't have to do this when it used to connect properly in seconds..

& I've disabled it and then enabled it and still didn't work, but my computer connects to the school's wireless which doesn't make sense!

and i've tried shutting down my computer and turning it back on, and waiting to connect
    and the password is stored on my computer for my boyfriends Wi-Fi and I've tried retyping it in and still nothing

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your computer is hanging at acquiring network address, i would recommend disabling and re-enabling your wireless connection (most laptops have a button for this).

Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a new virus causing this
    if you visit www.laptopquestions.co.uk u'll get more help
    today i had the same problem and the team solved it online for free really quick