Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are temporary internet files and phisling history?

I was just wonderning, what are temporary internet files? And also what is phisling history?

Idont know whether Ive spelt phsiling right or not-sorry!

Penguin Angel
    First of all it is phishing filter and it filters out phishing sites. And temporary internet files are files put into you computer by a website so that the website will remember your password when you come back and it will run smoother.

Mike (dimo414)
    Temporary Interent Files, also commonly refered to as the cache, are files downloaded by the browser as you surf the web. For instance, every web page you visit has to first be downloaded to your computer - and is saved automatically in your cache in order to speed up browsing so it doesn't have to re-download files every time you visit. These temporary files are normally created, managed, and deleted automatically, but if you want to delete them yourself, you can do so through Interent Explorer's options menu - it will not harm your computer to do so, and if you're cache is quite large, could speed up your computer somewhat.

I don't know what you're referring to when you say 'phisling history' - you could be talking about phishing, which is when people try to steal personal information from you by pretending to be a legitiamte website or email - but in that context I don't know what a phishing history would be - so I assume that's not it. If you can describe perhaps in what context you've heard the term, someone can no doubt help you.