Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Internet running slow?

My internet seems to be running quite slow recently.My connection is high speed and my comp is a good comp with loads of space.I dont have any viruses or spyware.Help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you running vista, if the UAC is switched on then turn in off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could try doing defrag and cleaning your history cookies an stuff. Also might be worth trying - turn your internet connection on and off from the mains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm.. how can you say it's slow...
    okay to verify it.. go to this link

http://speedtest.net

it's a flash based tester.. just click on the pyramid and ur good to go.. if it tells you ur KBPS speed.. and it's fairly unequal to the bandwidth your ISP (internet service provider) told you.. then we are facing a real slow-down

example.. the speednet.. tells you , that you have 1000kbps of Download speed .. but your ISP when you call them told you, you should be getting 2000kbps... then there must be something wrong

... restart your PC.. then open your browser.. is it still slow? have you tried going to a streaming site like youtube, does videos appeared there .. stream slow?

.. call your ISP and ask them what is the problem. each ISP has their own rules and jurisdiction for these matters..

... hopefully you don't have any trojan... or spyware... well you can always perform a scan from a brand that you trust... i suggest kaspersky or NOD32... one of the best of their kinds! lol

cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    reboot pc. power cycle the modem and router. using wireless connection... maybe interference or range issue, move pc closer to the router and change wireless channel.

could be the site you are going to, maybe their connection or server is slow. could be your isp. broadband shares the connection pipe with your neighbors so maybe neighbors are using too much bandwidth, contact your isp and tell them you have noticed major speed degradation on your connection.