protecting them? Recently web browsers have been under attack by the Copyright industry, many of them used to have the good old Temporary Internet Files directory under which they stored all content from the Internet including videos. Now most web browsers store that content in a protected mode, i.e. they break the files into several strange-looking pieces like 'Cache-001', etc, and you cannot access videos stored in there anymore.
This bothers me a lot because it represents a terrible waste of bandwidth, instead of watching a video once and having it on your computer you have to download that video every time you want to watch it. Think of global warming, think of the huge amount of resources, trees, oil, that goes to waste just because of this moronic Copyright "scrambling" of temporary files.

Does anyone know about an environmentally friendly web browser that doesn't scramble temporary files but lets you copy and paste them once you have watch them??

I am thinking of ditching Mozilla Firefox for EVER!

[No links, I won't press any link that sends me to Rick Astley's terrific hit that I like so much, thank you]