Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do we laugh at children when they believe in imaginary things when the...

...majority of us do too? You laugh when your kids talk about the cookies they left for santa, & the money they got from the tooth fairy...when you yourself fall for the same concept!!
    EXCEPT your kids have some sort of empirical proof that their deity exists(money, presents, etc), which gives them REASON to believe that these things may exist...YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT!!!???
    LMAO
    I just don't see it.
    (btw, not tryna hate or bash, i love all you guys)
    <3

but the bible was written by man (aka mommy & daddy...)
    :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    the bible gives us reason to believe

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume you are addressing the issue and the fact we believe in God ? I do have proof.... Just as those children have their proof, empirical proof as you call it, so do I..... sooooo, this argument holds no water with me.... *shrug*.... go in peace.... God bless

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't laugh at children when they believe in fantasy. It is part of childhood, and is part of their innocence. As such, it is beautiful.

Fantasy is quite different from religion, however. Fantasy transports to a world where magical things happen, and special rewards can be gained for nothing.

Religion is acknowledgement that a greater being than ourselves exists, and one capable of creating all that exists. Religion is an acknowledgement of the reality of the spiritual realm - not fantasy realm, but the spiritual realm. Religion is the acceptance of right and wrong, and good and evil, and consequences for our actions, and the need to worship the Creator God, and to love and obey Him, and to love others for His sake, etc. This is quite different from the realm of fantasy, where we just have to be sweet and cute, and leave a tooth under the pillow and a magical person gives us a little gift.

When we grow up, we go past fantasy, and start to look at reality. We have to look at our actions and the consequences of wrong actions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh! Nice one!

btw - don't listen to that Annie.. she's just an old washed up granny who alleges that she used to be writer!... She tried to cyber flirt with me in my early days of R&S! :P

xx