Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sennheiser HD580 or Sony MDR-1R Audiophile/Bass Heaphones?

I am currently using a pair of Skull Candy 50/50s which i think perform well for their price, but i'm looking for something a bit better. I am equally concerned with each of three things:
    1. Low end frequency response (i want to hear tones below 30hz with clarity)
    2. Mid and high end clarity (while i am interested in defined heavy bass, i don't want it to drown out and muffle the music, or to sacrifice overall sound quality just to get more bass
    3. Price

I am unconcerned with durability, portability, aesthetics, or anything else.
    From what i have gathered, i can find the HD580s for $110 and the MDR-1Rs for $220, The MDR-1R have better bass response, but the HD580s produce overall more natural sound, and are half the price.

I will be playing these only from my computer using Winamp, with an Electri-Q equalizer (if i need it) and i have a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card, so if that set up may not be enough to get the full potential out of one or both of these headphones, that is important.

Additionally, I will only be using these headphones for music. I may occasionally watch a movie, or play a game with them, and if they sound great for those applications as well, that's a bonus, but music is by far my top priority. Thanks for the incite!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were you, I would go with Sennheiser HD 598.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&ta g=informazcom-20

It is better than HD580 and I owned several sony headphones in the past and their quality is awful.

Go with HD 598. It has really good reviews.