high level. My stereo goes up to 32? and the level was up at 26 with all the gains and eq's set correctly. I just installed the system about a month ago and everything has been running good. But today, i started playing king kongs in the trunk and bam it shut off all of a sudden and it scared me i was like aww crap please not my system. I have 0 guage wires and wired everything really good. Ok then after a little it started cutting off more and more to a point where it would shut off at like level 18!! What the hell.
Okay a few things that I noticed. When i was driving I could be blasting the music and it would be fine but this is when the cutting off all started to happen...when i stopped. When my car was idoling and pushin the sytstem boom it would cut off. Btw the lights have been dimming whenever the bass really hits ever since i first installed it and now its rly dimming. As well as my guage lights and the whole interior. Also, I realized when like my windows are up but i try to like roll them up even thought they already are my windows dim. I don't think my windows should make my whole car dim as well as when the cooling fans come on for the engine it dims the lights too. Not like a holy S*&^ dude your lights dim so much but more of like a yo your lights are dimming a little. But when the bass hits yea they dim...soo im thinking i need a high output alternator. My oem factory altenator is 80 amps. I don't think thats enough if im running 1000-1200 watts rms...they sell one that gives 160 plus amps. Should I get that? Im driving down to the keys tommorow hope my car doesn't fail on me know..Im bringing jumper cables in case http://forum.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-image-lister.pl?popup=1#

So any suggestions on fixing this problem? Any advice? Thinking about taking it to advanced auto and getting the volts tested