Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to set up my home theatre system?

I own a Panasonic TC55LE54 TV and a Panasonic SCPT760 Home Theatre Receiver.

The problem is not with the speakers themselves, thats all fine, the problem I am having is with the channels/inputs and getting audio to come out of the receiver (in basic terms, is there one simple way to get all devices plugged through HDMI imports into the TV to come out of the receiver) Right now my receiver is plugged into the display via HDMI cable into the HDMI 2 (ARC) input. This gets me video but no sound. Currently I have a shaw Direct Box plugged into HDMI import 1. The only way I can get sound is if I plug the shaw box audio cables from it into the receiver (yellow and white) while the HDMI connector only takes care of video. This puts me into the AUX component on the receiver where surround sound works. Shouldnt the HDMI take care of sound and video? I also would like to connect a blu-ray player into HDMI input 3 however the sound only comes out of the TV and not the Receiver. If this makes any sense, is there any way to get all devices to come out of the receiver?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I miss the old days where u only needed one remote. My answer is no, youll need the remote for ur tv and the one for ur sound system