Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I assemble the best car audio system?

I own a 1997 Cavalier and am interested in upgrading the sound system. Since I'm new to car-audio brands and manufactures, I'm clueless on what determines high and low quality. I'd like to have more up-to-date features (AUX, USB) on a moderately priced head unit, and some input on speaker brand quality. All of the audio is stock. If I purchase a new head unit with some speakers will that substantially increase my sound quality? If not, what else should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few things.. Don't go cheap with the radio, that's why it's called the Head unit. The better the radio, the better the signal quality will be to the amp, and the better the over all sound quality. And NEVER cut any plug, esp the radio one.. spend the few extra bucks and buy the correct wiring harness, dash kit and you car requires an antenna adapter. You have 4X6" door speakers, and 6X9" rear speakers. Look at the Infinity Plate speakers for the front, and really any kind of rear speakers, like pioneer, alpine, Infinity, etc.. Start with the deck, and go from there, a piece at a time..
    Good Luck!