Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is this a yeast infection?

i've had some problems down below for a few days now, and i'm starting to worry

i started on the pill recently, and i've also just come off antibiotics, both of which i know can cause yeast infections.. also, the pill has messed around with my period, and it lasted a whole 11 days, of which i had to keep using tampons because i was at the beach. i know that can't have helped the situation, and neither did sitting around in pads for the rest of the time. i only finished today, which is why i'm fairly positive whatever's going on has something to do with that.

anyway, getting on to symptoms, the lips of my vagina are itchy and sometimes i get a cross between a really slight burning and tingling sensation in them. they're also very sore to touch, especially around the vaginal opening. today i've also been very uncomfortable moving around, as it tends to make me a little sore down there. they could be a little swollen, but i can't be sure because i don't normally spend alot of time looking haha.

discharge wise i'm still going through the final stages of my period, so i'm not really sure if anything's strange, although i could swear it smells a little funny..

also, i'm not having sex, so that rules out std's.. and this is the first time i've ever experienced any problems like this.

if it's a yeast infection like i think it is, can anyone recommend any non-prescription treatments that are available in australia?
    i'm trying to avoid having to see a doctor, since it's christmas and all..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a yeast infection to me. You can just go get some over the counter meds...the best kind are the kind you insert into the whooha, but are kind of messy. You gotta do that at night at bedtime. I'm not sure what brands you have in Australia, but here in US the best kind is Monistat. When you take meds for this, it will usually get worse before it gets better so don't freak out. If after a week this doesn't cure the problem then you should go to the doctor, may be something else like a Bacterial Infection which you have to take antibiotics for. But this sounds like yeast. Good luck.