Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    misschicka2007

worry about tetanus after cutting myself?

When i was I was vacuuming the house last week, there was this metal thing on the handle that cut my fingers a little bit. It barely cut skin, and just a little blood came out. Immediately after I washed my fingers with hot water and antibacterial soap but I've been freaking out since about getting tetanus. I have bad health anxiety so it really scares me. Now my jaw feels tighter and my legs twitch more, but I mean this could all be psychological from the anxiety. Should I be so scared? I'm 18 and I don't know when my last shot was....

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I read on a website it seems that you could possibly have tetanus.
    "Tetanus spores can enter the body through a wound that is contaminated with soil, dust...." - which seems very possible with a vacuum

"....signs of tetanus infection are usually a headache and spasms or cramping of the jaw muscles (lockjaw). As the poison spreads, it progressively attacks more groups of muscles, causing spasms in the neck, arms, legs,......" -
    which sound like your symptoms

"The time between the contamination of a wound and the first symptoms is usually less than 2 weeks but can range from 2 days to months...." -- your time frame

Maybe you should seek diagnosis/treatment from a doctor.