Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will someone keep getting HPV if?

Will someone keep getting HPV over and over again if they are having sex with someone that has it such as a male because there is no test/cure for men yet? I have a friend that has sex with only one guy but she is having problems with low grade dysplasia but a test came back saying she has HPV and she has only had sex with one guy. She has to have surgery because she has had dysplasia for a year now. If she keeps having sex with the same guy will she keep having to have the surgery?

Junior Member alisvolatpropiis83's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on his actions too. If he's sleeping with other girls and picking up more variants of the virus, then yes, she could get it. Tell your friend to get the vaccination and to use condoms from now on, and that will lower her risk. You do develop a slight immunity to the versions that you have, but that's not an excuse to continue to have unprotected sex with someone that gave you one or two versions. The thing is, the only people who know for sure that they don't have it are virgins who have never come into contact with another person. Nobody is safe from hpv. It sometimes can take up to 10 years to show up, and that's why it's so hard to treat. Something like 85%+ of the population has some form of it. Who knows what she could pick up, especially if she has unprotected sex with someone who is (or has been in the past) sexually promiscuous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, she wont keep getting it. Once you have it, you have it for life. No cure, only preventative measures for possible cervical cancer. Once she has it, the virus remains in her body for life BUT the body also learns to control it on its own (there is no cure for woman either, just a vaccine) . After she is treated properly for the dysplasia and her body has time to control the virus, she will be fine. I was diagnosed in 98 and I have no signs at all anymore. Had the surgery also, (very painful, tell her to be prepared) My husband has never gotten it from me. I still have my yearly paps, but everything is fine. good luck. This is a VERY VERY common disease.

Downloads
    Uploads
    HPV is long term, once you get it, you have it for life.