my friend receltly sliced into her thigh and wrist(on the side not in the vein) a few days ago. neither went too deep, although the thigh had a lot of blood. probably a few milimetres deep. i think they were a bit infected as she used unsterrile scisors. the cuts were probably 4 to 5 cm long and there was three on the thigh and one on the wrist.

shes certain she has depression and suididal issues and she has had bullimia and the mental part of anorexia. she wasnt doing it to kill herself, she was in pain and tried to cure it by hurting herself physically.
i am getting her some help, although i need to know wheather cutting is just a one time thing.

she said shed always throught it was an awful thing, and while she did it it didnt hurt and felty good. then she said when she was at school and she was feeling happier that she cant even imagine how she did it. then when she was upset she wanted to do it again- but subsided from it. shes telling herself not to do it, but is sure she will probably do it again..

what im asking is, has it ever been a one time thing, or is it most likely that she will do it again. will it scar, shes beeing telling everyone its a cat scratch, although they look at her in disbelief, i think they are beggining to see through her. she wont get help from anyone else, she dosent want to bureden herself of anyone, and dosent want anyone to have to deal with the fact that they couldnt save or help her if she truely does commit suicide.
shes my bestfriend, please tell me all you know about cutting. its been a few days since she did it, and i know she will probably do it again. what happens if she cuts the same place again? and how deep would she need stitches. please also tell me where she SHOULDNT cut on her wrists, so i can warn her. i cant be with her 24/7 its impossible, so i want to alteast figure out which veins she shouldnt cut if i can prevent it.
thankyou so much for your help/experiences.
how long will this last, is it a mental disorder?