=/
I'm bipolar 2 and have a history of self harm and suicide attempts. I'm not proud of it and I haven't done it for over a year but I have scars from previously. I wasn't an attention seeking child, I was mentally ILL and most people who are aware of my scars (cos I'm hiding them usually) are aware of my illness.

But some poeple.. when they find out I have self harm scars.. they get all offended! Why? It's not their body and they don't have to live with their horrible decision. =/ I try and explain but it makes no difference, and sometimes these people never talk to me again because of it. It really hurts.

(I asked a question in the tattoos section about getting a tattoo but not knowing where to put it cos I didn't want it on my arm and draw attention to the scars - and someone told me that this "isn't a therapy section you won't find sympathy here." I was EXPLAINING, not looking for pity, jeez.)

Are you a person or do you know a person who gets offended by these scars? And why? I really don't understand this at all.