Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is my daughter so lazy?

my 22 yr old daughter is schizophrenic. she stays home all day and watches TV. refused to go to school or clubs for disabled. she says she gets panic attacks around people. today I asked her to fold some towels I washed. first she pretended she can't hear me. then she said she is depressed she does it later. than she folded two towels and then gave up. I had to tell her again and nag, until she finally folded most of them.
    Is she lazy lazy or is that normal for schizophrenic patients?

should I give her more chores? I have to yell and nag until she helps me. is it safe to put pressure on her? Thanks and merry christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't think she's lazy.

She has Schizophrenia - that doesn't mean she shouldn't do chores like other people, however she might be so preoccupied with other "things" that folding towels aren't at the forefront of her mind during the day.

Nagging and shouting won't help her. Try and be more on her level. Try to be more considerate and understand that atleast she has tried to fold the towels.

Try to work something out between you. But shouting and nagging really won't help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you shouldnt treat her any differently becuase of her condition, otherwqise she'll think she can just coast throught life doing nothing with herself becuase of her condition.
    Dont ask her to do things, make her do things.
    If shes living under your roof there should be no excuse.
    Try to get her to be active and do things, just little things here and there that will have her around people more often. the more shes out and doing things the more normal and familiar it will be.

although at first it will be scary for her, you have to try to get her to get out into the world!

happy holidays and good luck!