meds & pain meds, etc)? Everyone reacts differently to every med, and sometimes one individual can have something work for him and something else not. Why is this? Is it because of the difference of chemicals between drug brands, and one chemical might do a better job than the next.

For example. I used Allegra. It sped me up too much so any benefits were clearly outweighed by the stimulant-quality of it.
But it worked to a degree.

Claritin-- did absolutely nothing. Very minimal if anything. Everyone praises it, but it did nothing for me.

Zyrtec-- seems to be extremely powerful, even more so than prescription Allegra.

:shrug: some of the drugs people said were poor, do wonders on me, and some of the ones that were praised did nothing.

As for pain meds, I tried over the couner meds. Aspirin did very little, whereas tylenol/acetaminophen worked fairly well, but nothing too spectacular.

Motrin/Ibuprofen did wonders. In fact, this drug for whatever reason seemed to work even better than
prescription pain meds such as Oxycontin/Oxycodone/Percoset/Vicodin

In fact, after trying the prescription meds, I found them to sedate me and put me at peace, more than anything, like a very quiet/relaxed and body warm high, with weakness, tiredness, and more shallow breathing as side effects, but didn't do that much for the actual pain! Seriously it didn't.

Motrin worked better, without the side effects.

Why is it that some meds work better for some than others,

why do the pain meds prescription, not produce desired pain relief, and

Same with the allergy meds?

I'm just baffled.

I also have asthma, and singulair does NOTHING for me, yet others praise it.