Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why the hell are my ribs so big.. weird question, i know..?

I've lost a lot of weight.. And i'm thin it's just, my ribs stick out so much farther than everything else. (Even my boobs..) haha! Am i exercising wrong or something? None of my other friends had this happen when they lost weight.. and i can't wear fitted shirts because it looks so weird.. lol!

Unregistered
    ewwww

Unregistered
    i have the same problem ... i'm thin and healthy, but i've had big ribs all my life .. my dad has the same problem, except he's a boy and wears louse tee shirts and i'm a girl, so i want to wear tighter shirts obviously .. my parents say it's genetic. so, i think the only thing you can do is to wear shirts that don't emphasize them too much .. or if you just started getting this problem once you lost weight, maybe you should ask your doctor.

Unregistered
    i know what you mean. ive never been overweight because im a runner and have been since i was 3 but i still have ribs where the lower corner sticks out. so whoever says its because of being overweight and loosing that weight- thats not true. i wish they didnt stick out as much because it dont personally find it attractive, but its how we are made so i guess u just have to come to peace with it

Unregistered

Large torso bones

Same problem here. I lost weight and now I still look fat because my ribs stick out and also my chest bone (which i dont mind) but i hate it that i have big torso bones, i have to wear loose shirts so that this doesnt show too much in public. I have heard that sleeping on a hard flat surface (floor) laying on your ribs will flatten them if you do it regularly, it must be true because some people used to sleep on the floor since birth and the back of their heads got flat, anyhow it would be nice to fix my big torso bone problem, any other suggestions?