Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do I feel heavier and bloated after working out?

I work out almost every other day unless I work that night ( I have a day job and a part-time night job) and I have been eating really healthy lately...like almost too good. No soda, lots of protein, yogurt, turkey subs from Subway pretty often, and single eggs. I dont snack because I dont have time. Why do I feel bloated and heavy. I'm not losing or gaining weight and I don't understand why...

Downloads
    Uploads
    you could be getting more muscle and replacing fat (why you're not losing weight). and as for feeling heavy and bloated, I don't know. I always feel like and happy after I work out. Maybe it's a psychological thing.

Unregistered
    it's not a psychological thing though i don't know why it happens either. I have the same problem every time i work out, even if it's only for 20 minutes.

Unregistered

I have the same thing happen to me when I work out. I have read about a few things that could be the problem. 1st would be the amount of water intake during an exercise routine. or 2nd could be intestinal problems. I have IBS, and when I get done with a high intensity work out, I feel HUGE... It could be something to do with that, but not to worry, you probably are losing weight. Remember not to judge it by the scale, because muscle does weigh more than fat, but test it by how you fit into your clothes, and how you feel (other than after workouts, especially if it generally goes away after a bit)

Unregistered
    Same here. I go through the same feeling usually 20-30 minutes after. I end my workout with 30 minutes of cardio which I thought will rid me of water weight. Still nothing.