Prevention? Your Open QuestionShow me another »
Where can my Vet get TAMOXIFEN in the Pellet form to implant under my rats' skin (tumor prevention)?
I really need your help again! All 4 of my female rats have developed tumors for a second time now and I am so frustrated and upset because I cannot afford to keep having them removed, not only that but I will only do the surgery two times tops because of the risk increase of my rats not making through becomes to great. Anyways, I cannot get my girls to eat the crushed Tamoxifen tabs NO MATTER WHAT I MIX IT IN! They avoid it like "THE PLAGUE"! I have tried mixing it with every kind of yummy concoction with NO luck. Here's where I really need your help...
my vet is willing to do the implanting of the Tamoxifen pellet but he does not know where to get such a pellet. He was going to try Sub-Qing a crushed tab into them he said but I said NO, let me ask and see if I can find out where to get the special pellet kind that was made to be implanted under their skin and we'll see if I can. That is the only way I will let him do the procedure is if I know he has the right pill. This is my last chance, the 4 girls have tumors getting bigger everyday and by this weekend, I will have to start with Cinnabon's second and last removal, then Niba no more then one week, after, then Blondie and finally Leelu but I have to get moving before it's to late.
After these FINAL surgeries, I will have no way of helping them from having the same tumors come back again. Please let me know WHERE I OR MY VET CAN GET THAT TAMOXIFEN PELLET TO IMPLANT under my rats' skin. I would be ever so grateful! Please get me some answers as soon as possible. Thanks so much!

-Nikki
Rat Lover for Life!