Recently I began getting knee pains. It doesn't really affect me when I'm walking, sitting, or even kneeling, because I don't feel it then. When I do feel it is when I apply pressure to this small area, about the size of my fingertip. Each knee has that spot on a similar area, and when I press it, the area above my kneecap hurts. These spots are located above the knees, where the joint begins, I think. It hurts when anything brushes against these spots, and I can't cross my legs when sitting anymore because the pressure makes the pain unbearable. There doesn't seem to be any visible markings on these spots from the outside, and they really don't affect me usually. It's just when I put pressure on them, they hurt abnormally. I don't run or do any real sports. I do however work out at the gym, and I use the "leg press" machine, but I don't see how that could have seriously injured my knees? If anybody has any idea what's causing this pain and how I can make it go away, I'd be very grateful.