I was in a motorbike accident a year ago, I injured my knee. The doctor in the ER messed up he did X-rays and nothing was broken so he just had my whole leg strapped up and put me on crutches for four weeks. After the four weeks I still couldn't walk so my doctor sent me to have ultrasounds done. the ultrasounds didn't show any abnormalities and so the doctor recomended an MRI scan. I never went for it because my medical aid wont cover it. Eventually I could walk without the crutches and started do exercises to strengthen my knee. BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM, i still get really bad pain in my knee. Sometimes i wake up in the morning when i try to walk i have a sharp pain in my knee, when I am to active it's the same thing and almost every night i get this really bad pain in my knee that i can't pinpoint, it just gets so bad that i feel as if i can stick a hole in my knee, could that be pressure if not what could it be? coz it is so bad that i cant fall asleep and eventually cause my outer thigh muscles to pain. the only thing that helps a little is heat. PLEASE HELP (after the accident there was allot of swelling and bruising that didn't go away until after the four weeks) (i have also injured this same knee previously in sport)