I met this girl this year who's a few years older than me. She is a nice person, but as time has gone on things have changed. While she stayed nice in a sense, she got really pushy and very obsessive towards me and my family. She wants to talk and hang out everyday and doesn't want me to leave for college next year (I have to though, because I've worked hard for the Ivy Leagues). The first time I met her she told me everything (I have lots of people who tell me tons of stuff, but I don't see how she knew she could trust me? She can trust me, but it seemed off to me). I feel guilty very easily so her literally crying over me going away makes me feel like the worst person ever. I've had clingy friends before, but never like this. I've tried everything, I've done tons of research on this behavior, I've talked to a therapist about it, I've introduced her to some other people (including just her, me, and another one of my friends), and I'm supportive of her and encouraging. I don't think it's a self-esteem issue though (long story, but my mom and other people who have known her for a long time agree that it's not self-esteem). I try really hard to be there for her, but I feel like I have to make everyone happy and it seems like all of my friends have something different that would make them happy, but they all need my time. I'm so confused. I don't want to hurt anyone. However, my family has asked me not to talk to her anymore (everyone's pretty alarmed to be honest). I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to work this situation so that I can make each person pleased. There's more to this story and more obsessive behavior from her, but I won't go into it so this doesn't get even longer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! (I hope this is okay in this section, I feel like it should go here, since it's not so much a friend problem, as something else. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.)