Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What medical/mental condition do I have?

Compared to others, I have a considerably more difficult time doing jig saw puzzles, word searches, Wheel of Fortune, and unscrambling words. It's been like this my entire life and I'm 24.

I've been told that in life that I have a hard time seeing the big picture. However, I have a "laser like" focus and can really dig deep down into the details. If I'm asked to do a task, I not only do that, but can find 30 more problems with whatever I'm dealing with and start to fix those too.

Why is this? Is there a certain portion of the brain that controls my ability to see the big picture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might not have a medical condition at all! In a lot of people, certain sides of the brain are dominant. If you are right brained, you might be stronger at some activities, if you are left brained, you might be better at others. So yes, there is a certain portion of the brain that controls certain abilities. Instead of diagnosing you via Yahoo Answers (lol), I am going to past ethis link. It discusses the features of using each side of your brain. See which one suits you better. Hope it helps.
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html