Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what may be a prognosis for the symptoms my fiance is experienceing?

my 20 year old fiance has had the same headache for 24 hours accompanied by severe upper stomach pain,fever, loss of appetite and the inability to use the restroom...i have given her fever reducers and pepto bismol both of which she throws up....she says she doesnt want to go to the doctor but i don't think i can help her...any idea of what this is and is there anything i can do @ home?

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like the flu frankly, the inability to have a bowel movement will pass. Give her only clear liquids for the next 8 hours, then give her some tylenol to reduce the headache and any fever she may have. Keep her quiet and resting. If she can keep the tylenol down after the 8 hours, then she can try some light food, like soup and yogurt. She should consume at least two quarts of water daily while she is ill, and frankly should consume two quarts of water daily anyway, the body does better at fighting off infection if it is well hydrated.