My dad left my mom for her best friend when she was 25 and I was 5. I grew up in another country with my grandma and came to live with my mom when i was 9. Ever since I've known her she's been obsess with him leaving her. I use to try and talk to her about something and her responses would always be " he left me" or something like that. She would say his name and my step mom's name over and over again. She would always talk to herself about what happened. She would do this daily. Over the years she would say horrible things to me to hurt my feelings like i wish you were never born, you're a slut, you won't ever be anything and so on. I wouldn't do anything and she would say this everyday all day. I don't think she realized she said these things. Since about 19 i've been taking care of her financially. But she would always tell me that i wasn't given her any money. I never understood that. Her birthday was about 2 months ago and I called her in the morning and wished her a happy Bd and we talked for a while. I then gave her 0 as her bday present. 2 weeks ago i was talking to my brother and he said he walked in on my mom crying and he asked her what happened and she said that I didn't call her and I didn't' do anything for her bday. Now i'm thinking she may have an illness. She's 47 now and she's never been with anyone after my dad