I started on a diet and exercise program to lose weight recently but I think I may be doing it wrong. Typically my diet per day is 3 eggs and 4 sausages in the morning, at about 9 or 10. I usually don't eat until dinner, but occasionally I'll bring some nuts into college for energy or buy one small packet of sweets at about 5 if I'm feeling drained. I then will cook a Chicken stir fry with vegetables and rice, or fish or a steak for dinner at about half 8 or 10. I find myself starving at some points during the day but I read somewhere recently that this is really bad for you because it causes your body to store fat in the long term while breaking down muscle for energy.

For exercise, I'm going to the gym 3 times a week. I'm a newbie so I do a four minute warm up run before my routine. I do 3 sets of 2 exercises, with low weight and high reps and active rest. I don't really rest at all between two pairs of antagonistic exercises. I'll then take a 2 minute break in between the 3 sets. After this I'll go and do a 5-6 minute run, on the treadmill. I'm planning to start doing a 10 minute run in between days I go to the gym.
My main goal here isn't to be building muscle, it's more to be burning fat. I'm 73.5kg, 5"8 and body fat percentage of 23.

I'd like some info on the structure of my plan and maybe some advice if you see any problems with it