Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you do when it hurts so bad? :(?

I had a horrible childhood. Due to selective mutism and eventually avoidant personality disorder (which I had never heard about until recently) I never made any friends. I wasn't bullied or anything, I was just not included. I tried moving to a different school several times so I could "start fresh," but every time I just wasn't able to make myself likeable and so went back to my mute self. Now I'm 25 and I'm doing fine, but I feel like I've been cheated out of my childhood. I keep picturing the people I wanted to be friends with and the things I could've done with them. I looked them up on Google and found their Facebook, and I wanted to say hi except for I never really talked to them and it just seems REALLY pathetic.

Lately this have been bothering me more than usual and I can't stop crying over it. I guess I just think IF only I (and a few other people) knew about my conditions and tried to fix me sooner I'd turn out fine. But now I'm 25 and it's just too late to do the things I've always wanted to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds to me like you're making the same mistake again. When I was in high school, I was very quiet and I was convinced that nobody wanted to talk to me. Once I opened up, I found that most people thought I was stuck up and didn't want to talk to anyone. You can't change your past, but you can prevent yourself from repeating it. Good luck, be yourself and I'm sure you will have a lot of great relationships in the future

Downloads
    Uploads
    You sound like a wonderful person that deserves better. Please see your regular M.D. The doctor can can you started on the right path. Since you know you have a problem and know what it is, the rest is easier to cure. Get some professional help and I wish you well. I really do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's not pathetic at all to drop a message to an old friend over facebook or myspace! you can just say "hey, just wanted to see how you were doing..."
    who knows, they could respond warmly and you could end up getting together and remembering the good times.

if not, no big deal; move on, their not worth it.