Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What could this be? I have violent cough, choking and vomiting but have been...

...immunised against whooping cough? I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to get better but then I started having violent coughing fits in which I feel like my airway is blocked and I can not get my breath properly. I have had a fever and a reddened throat. During a coughing bout I feel like I am choking and can only gulp air instead of inhaling properly. My intake of breath was forced and causes a heaving sound.

I have seen a doctor twice and she does not know what is causing it. During the second visit she prescribed antibiotics after hearing something on my chest in the hope this will clear my chest and treat the cause of the cough.

Now the bouts of coughing have become less frequent (I have been drinking or sucking lozenges constantly at the advice of a doctor to keep my throat lubricated) but now when it does happen, it is usually during the night, it wakes me up, it takes me much longer to get my breath properly, I gulp air and the cough is so violent that I vomit several times. I feel very shaken from the breathing difficulties for some time afterwards.

I have searched the internet and the nearest thing I can find is whooping cough but I was immunised against this as a child and the sound I am making is more of a heaving sound than a whoop.

My mother has experienced the coughing/choking bouts but these happen to her infrequently and at apparently random intervals, months apart (not when she is otherwise ill).

Does anyone know what this could be or how best to regain my breath during a bout of coughing/choking? I keep panicking during each bout when I realise it isn't going away and that makes it go on for longer. Anything that would help me stay calm or work out what is causing it would be greatly appreciated because I am now nervous about going to sleep in case it happens again.

Unregistered

same thing

I have the same cough- violent, choking cough - was immune with whopping.
    JJ Cincinnati

Junior Member Alexandergrahambell's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,,,
    Can you please tell me how long have you suffering from this diseases.I want to share with you people a natural remedy not only for this patient but for many others who are suffering from this disease.
    Take 1 teaspoon of honey.Also take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.Mix both of them.Stir mixture in a little bit of drinking water and drink immediately.Take this 2-3 times a day.Hope so that you shall get rid of this disease.