About 2 years ago, on a warm day, I began to scratch my wrists because they were itching me, and about 10 minutes later my wrist had smallish red welts all over it. For some reason, of the next hour or two, anywhere I touched on my body came up in welts also. I thought this was a one off, but then recently any time I scratch my wrist with my hands or accidently graze it on a book cover for example, welts begin to form, not nearly as severe and ONLY in the inner wrist area, but it still occurs.

What could be the reason for this? I have no other allergies, and there doesn't seem to be anything that sets it off (apart from irritating the inner wrist and vein area.) I wear a bracelet and yesterday it made two minute dents in my wrist, and I just massaged it slightly to get the dents out, and in two seconds, two tiny little welts where the dents were! This, of course, does not occur on a regular basis.

Is it some protective measure of my wrists? Does anyone know what may cause it/prevent it? (Please don't say, "don't touch your inner wrists", because that's simply impractical.)

Thanks!