For the past several years, maybe 7 or 8 (since I was in high school) I began to notice that I would get these odd leg pains.

The pain seems to come on gradually and only occurs when I have not slept in a long time, usually over 24 hours. I do little heavy exercise so I don't think it's shin splints.

The pain does not get worse or better when I touch any part of the leg, move the leg, soak them in warm water, take tylenol, advil, or aspirin.

There only thing that I can do that makes the pain worse is staying awake longer, and the only thing i've discovered so far that cures it is going to sleep. Oddly, even if I sleep for only 30 minutes or so, I can wake up and the pain will be completely gone for another day or so.

Moving the legs or putting them in any position doesn't help or hurt. It usually only hurts from the knees to the ankles, but sometimes hurts above the knees as well. Even if I do no long distance walking, as long as i've been awake a long time I get these pains.

I've asked a few doctors about it and none know what it is and I have never met or heard about anyone else experiencing something similar.

The pain can get pretty severe to the point where it feels like i'll cry, but a little rest and the pain is completely gone.

Any ideas?