I need a way to fix my headaches WITHOUT going to the doctor

I have been having extreme headaches lately (everyday since Christmas) and I am pretty sure they would be classified as tension headaches. They are getting really bad and advil and tylenol don't help. I have also tried excedrin but that hasn't really been helping at all either.

What is a good home remedy for tension headaches? What causes tension headaches? How can I prevent them from being so bad....it's actually getting unbearable and I feel like I can't function properly but I don't know what to do. (Note: I have been suffering from headaches all my life and typically I have a good pain tolerance but this is just the end for me...I can't handle it anymore)

I have been to a massage therapist a couple times and they haven't been able to ease the headaches. I have always gotten more headaches then the average person but these are different.

I wake up with them in the morning and they tend to ease off during the day and then by late afternoon or early evening they begin again. By the time 9 o clock rolls around I am in so much pain I can't function. I have no social life anymore because of the headaches and I can't keep up with school work as a result which is stressing me out and I'm sure that deosn't help things