My parnter has been experiencing stomach pain now for about 2 months. On monday it go so bad that we went to the hospital. They said he had appendicitus and yesterday they took him for an operation which took 4 hours....(when they said it would take 1) to remove his appendicts.

The doctor came round today to say that his appendicts were NORMAL!!!!! They have taken them out anyway but what they did find is that his small intestine and part of his colon was inflammed and swollen so they now think he had chrons and they will do further tests when he has recovered from his op.

My biggest concern at the moment apart from the chrons is that he is unable to pass urine, pass motion, eat or drink. Everytime he eats or drinks he gets crippling pain in his stomach (to the point where he crys) and is sick within 10 mins.

Im very concerned cuz surely thats not normal and they say he cant come home until he can eat and drink and pass as normal. The docs or nurses dont really seem bothered. I asked whats likely to be causing these problems and they just say its prob cuz he is in pain...well surely they should help with the pain? He also has a temperature now of 38.8, which he didnt have before the op and a fast pulse of 128....resting, which again before the op was about 65-75 resting.

Any comment or suggestions would be great.