Hello,

I am 21 and have had chronic insomnia since age 16. I avoided medication for a long time, but lately I've been rather serious with my studies and if I do not get enough rest I will start to have hallucinations and delirium.

At first I had no adverse side effects. The last few times I took Ambien though, which is on very scarce occasions and am not tired at all and need to get up early the next morning. The last few times I woke up after taking Ambien the night before, I had an upset stomach and little to no appetite. The kind of upset stomach is one I've never experienced before, and I know that i've only had this feeling when taking ambien.

I'm asking this question on Yahoo because the psychiatrist that prescribed them to me has his appointments acted up for three or four months, he never remembers me, and he always gives me a different diagnosis every time I come in. I don't trust him and there aren't any psychiatrists near where I live who aren't scheduled to the maximum with patients.

If you have had a similar experience or any information on Ambien and upset stomach,I would really appreciate your response.