Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Oneluka

Undiagnosed skin condition of a 82-year old woman?

My 82 year old grandmother developed an odd skin condition: it's tiny pimple-like bumps in clusters, that appear on different areas of her body and itch beyond tolerance. She has been to general practitioners, dermatologists (2), allergologists (2), acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine doctor. Noone seems to know what the cause is. She had tons of blood tests, has been tested for every possible skin condition from food allergy to rosacea, but to no avail. Her nerves have always been weak, and now her nervous system is really threatened by itching all over her body for the last few months. None of the doctors came up with anything, The traditional Chinese medicine doctor tends to think the condition is entirely neurological, but the symptoms are quite physical, so I don't know if he is right. Skin compresses, Benadryl or any topical ointments don't seem to help at all. Does anyone have any ideas or has had experience with anything like this?

Kellie
    From what you are describing, my great grandma has the same condition. they are almost like moles, or warts that cover a the majority of the body? And they itch like crazy? I don't remember the name of the condition, but I will look around and get back to you.