Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If She Were My Daughter, We Would Had Already Went To The Er

Downloads
    Uploads

Trip to the ER, or can it wait for a doctor's apt in the am?

My 2 year old daughter was diagnosed 12 days ago with an upper respiratory virus, we were sent home and told to "wait it out", if it doesnt get better in 7-10 days, bring her back. Well she ran a high fever (103-104 F) all ten days, and her cough was getting increasingly worse...so on the tenth day I took her in right away. They did an exam and opted to have her chest x-rayed...which showed early signs of pneumonia in her right lung (left lung was clear).

Her pediatrician sent us home with a high dose of Amoxicillin (7ml 3 times a day) which she has been on now for 2.5 days. The dr told me she should no longer have a fever by Friday and to look for her catching her breathe or rapid breathing.

She has continued to have a fever, although I am not having to give her IBU every 6 hours like I was, she is still running a temp of 101.8 as of 8 pm tonight. Her cough has gotten worse, she has started to wheeze and her breathing at times is quite rapid. The wheezing got bad tonight (I know what wheezing is and sounds like due to my husband and I both suffer from asthma) and I am concerned that she isnt getting enough oxygen.

I know they say to check the fingers and toes for pink color, which she has kept, but as a mother of a toddler I feel I can never be too cautious. I have put her to bed with a humidifier and her wheezing has continued for the last 2.5 hours. Should I take her to the ER or wait for an apt with her pediatrician in the am?