Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thought I broke my foot but...?

Ok so I am a nanny in a different country and my health insurance card hasnt been sent yet, so me the most accident prone person in the entire world has to make sure she doesnt get hurt for a few weeks. but then the 2 year old dropped a vase on my foot (not like a small danty one, a HUGE one made out of marble.) and it hurt like a SOB. But I couldnt go to the hospital and I was pretty sure I was overracting to the hurt, and it probably wasnt broken. so ive been walking around on it for a week.
    and it does hurt every now and again when I step on it weird.
    but then I was just putting the youngest to bed and my foot totally curled, like a ballerina foot and I couldnt undo it. and it hurt like crazy.
    so then I just kinda pushed it straight (gently) with my other foot. and now its just searing pain.

what could it be...
    and I cant go to the hospital for another week unless I want to be in serious debt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to put ice on it! If it was broken you would Not in any way be able to move your foot. It just sounds like you really hurt it. You need to apply ice first then wrap it in gauze so it stays still and can heal properly. But this does not require a doc. visit.. It would help.. but it's nothing you can't treat safely on your own at home.