Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

spacer pills in birth control?

ok im about two pills away from taking my spacer pills (i have a 28 day pack) and i got my period about 3-4 days ago and usually, i heard that u get your period when you take the non-hormonal pills. well i have it before. so does this mean i still take teh spacer pills and have alonger period or what do i do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should take all the pills, no matter if you have started before the spacer pills or not. I was told that the spacer pills are to let your body have a period b/c the are non-hormonal. Depending on what type of BC you have and how long your normal periods are is the factor in how long your period will be. Many misconceptions are given about the spacer/water /sugar pills, I had friends in highschool who didnt take them b/c they said it made them gain weight or it was just a sugar pill no need for me to take it... etc. And they ended up having an unplanned pregnancy. Those pills are in the pack for a reason and you should take them as directed by your Dr. or Gyno.
    Take all the pills in the pack. If you just started on Birth Control for the first time or you started a diff. type then it is normal for your periods to start before the end of the pack, it takes some time ( I believe 6 months) before your body gets used to the birth control in your system, just try not to miss pills, even the spacer pills, that is the best way to prevent unexpected pregnancies. Just be careful and smart and take they entire cycle even if you start your period early.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pills are just to keep track...Plus they have mild Laxatives in them to help with bloating.

Just take them anyway

Downloads
    Uploads
    the spacer pills are actually a sugar pill in that respect those pill actually do not make your period start. your period should only start when you are a day or two into taking the spacer pills and not your regular ones. Your regular pills are what keep you from having your period and keep you from getting pregnant. It does not matter if you actually take the spacer/sugar pills they are just there to keep you in the habit of taking a pill everyday.

are you making sure to take one of your regular pills everyday at the same time?