gas (burping)? Hi, I've just started an office job and had to go out for a business lunch today with my boss and some clients we'd just won a contract with. They ordered fizzy water and lots of food, a 3 course meal. I was full after my starter and full of gas from the water but as the clients were paying I didn't want to appear awkward and ask for plain water. I ate my main course and by that time I was so bloated and had really painful tummy ache. Then came dessert and I felt obliged to eat it. After I was doubled over and so bloated I had to undo my trousers and un-tuck my skirt. My tummy was gurgling and I felt the desperate urge to burp but kept swallowing it down. We went back to the office and had a meeting and when it was my turn to talk I got a major attack of hiccups and right when I was talking got a sharp pain in my belly and (I really couldn't stop it) did the loudest, longest burp I've ever done. I was SO embarrassed. I excused myself and then another burp came up, even bigger. HELP!