Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

treadmill or walking outdoors?

I have decided that i am gunna get fit..ive put on soo much weight lately its making me depressed. I dont have time for the gym as i live too far away and im too busy with my son. My fave exercise is walking as it is easy and i feel good afterwards, the only problem being is that when it rains or is too hot i dont go as i usually have to push my son in the pram. What i am wondering is would it be benefical for me to get a treadmill? (i can hire one for a week)..are they as good as walking outside and is it easier to stay motivated? Or is outside walking better? Your opinions please?

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont walk, jog and run, thats how u lose weight. Walking is only good if ur so overweight u just cant physically run. which i assume ur not.

I'm glad u enjoy walking but losing weight is rarely fun, if u have have a big smile on your face at the end of a work out it probably means u didnt work out hard enough. at the end of a work out ur should be exhausted, out of breath and sweating. Doesnt sound like fun i know but that show u lose weight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For walking, outside is still a little better, but a treadmill would be fine. Honestly, walking won't be helping you too much in losing weight after the initial phase wears off. It's just not a high calorie burning exercise and it really doesn't strain you rmuscles enough. You need to step it up to jogging.