Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone PLEASE explain eMule to me and explain why I can't get my ports

to connect!? I just downloaded eMule because my friend uses it. I have NO idea what I'm doing.

Is there someone here who understands how to use it, and can chat with me on there and explain things to me? My username is ktwhoopi. For example, why is there a list of things I'm downloading, but then a list of things uploading and *another* list of things downloading?

I have tried everything I know to get connected properly, but every time I test my ports, they fail. I have deleted my old version of internet security, not that it was turned off anyway. I'm running XP with ServicePack 3.

I'm on an internet plan that measures both my downloads AND uploads, there is nothing I can do about that. What I want, is to be connected properly, so I can download files as quickly as people upload them from me, so I'm not giving all my quota away to other people, getting files from me.

Please help, it'd be fantastic if you could chat with me on there. I also can't get IRC to work and the Kad (???) says it's firewalled...

Argggh!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you don't mean you're running your computer without internet security entirely...that's just has bad news written all over it.

Are you using a router? If so, you need to free up the assigned ports that emule uses. Or...just hook the computer up directly to your high speed modem, this should allow the right ports to communicate as needed for emule.

Use Kaspersky AV 2009 for best protection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    eMule is a P2P software, as you upload files to others you get some points to download.
    you can limit upload and download bandwidth, check options to do so.
    use the search button to find your files and only download those which have more availability, when you add a file in your download list you will be added to the other user's queue. conditions are equal to all users, but there's a point you may should get, The user with more internet connection speed have more chance to download files quicker.

and about your port problem I have to say when a port rejects connection requests it may be because of the fact that it is in use, use "netstat -no" command in command prompt window to find out what application(s) is using it, close that application and try again, nestat will give you the PID of the process use that PID and Task Manager to find the related application.
    If the port was not open then you may be behind of a proxy server which has filtered eMule.

good luck...